Our Mission (Bamboo is a grass)
Our mission is to develop bamboo into a sustainable resource to support soil organic carbon, which benefits agriculture and biodiversity, within the elements of agroecology. We believe that tropical clumping bamboo and vetiver bamboo grass has the ability to function within an integrated and transformative approach to enhance holistic values. The key areas are:
- Solar Cycle (Sunlight)
- Water Cycle
- Organic Matter
- Soil Biodiversity & Plant Life
- Microcosmos - Clues to Natural Survival
Our sustainable development goals are:
- Developing a soil carbon based bio-circular economy through bamboo agroforestry and regenerative agriculture. Improving soil organic carbon is the pathway towards agriculture productivity in-situ. In so doing, eradicate dependency on synthetic chemical inputs.
- Investing in strategic human capital to foster agroecological values in nutritional food production.
- Working with our academia to research on plant based active compounds for functional food and precision animal feed.
- Advocating the planting of tropical clumping bamboo and vetiver bamboo grass under bamboo4u.org Campaign.
- Advocating the collection of data and knowledge within the microcosmos biosphere to support our journey towards an ecological economy.
- On a longer term, to establish sufficient inventory of bamboo cellulose biomas for use in timber related products to eleminate depedency on our rainforest.